• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Webmail smtp ip-address?

xLnT

Basic Pleskian
Hi,
I have a Plesk 11.x server with a couple of domains hosted on Debian Linux.
We use Postfix as MTA and have a couple of external ip-addresses setup on the server, some are dedicated and some are shared.
We use a.b.c.2 as a dedicated ip-address for DNS (ns1.domain.tld) and a.b.c.3 for mail (smtp.domain.tld).

But when users send mail from the webmail they are sent from the shared ip-addresses. And since we have no PTR records setup the shared ip-addresses some mails get trapped in spamfilters.
Is it possible to make webmail only send mail from a.b.c.3 address?

I tired changing /etc/postfix/master.cf to only use that address but that didn't work, I ended up with not being able to send emails at all.
And i had to restore the mail functionality.

Kind Regards
Magnus

Yes, thats when i couldn't send any mails after i've changed that.
This is what i have atm.

cat /etc/postfix/master.cf | grep smtp_bind_address
a.b.c.3- unix - n n - - smtp -o smtp_bind_address=a.b.c.3 -o smtp_bind_address6= -o smtp_address_preference=ipv4
a.b.c.5-a-b-8000-1--6 unix - n n - - smtp -o smtp_bind_address=a.b.c.5 -o smtp_bind_address6=a:b:8000:1::6 -o smtp_address_preference=any
a.b.c.5-a-b-0-1002--5 unix - n n - - smtp -o smtp_bind_address=a.b.c.5 -o smtp_bind_address6=a:b:0:1002::5 -o smtp_address_preference=any
a.b.c.6-a-b-0-1002--6 unix - n n - - smtp -o smtp_bind_address=a.b.c.6 -o smtp_bind_address6=a:b:0:1002::6 -o smtp_address_preference=any
a.b.c.2-a-b-0-1002--6 unix - n n - - smtp -o smtp_bind_address=a.b.c.2 -o smtp_bind_address6=a:b:0:1002::6 -o smtp_address_preference=any
a.b.c.5-a-b-0-1002--6 unix - n n - - smtp -o smtp_bind_address=a.b.c.5 -o smtp_bind_address6=a:b:0:1002::6 -o smtp_address_preference=any
a.b.c.6- unix - n n - - smtp -o smtp_bind_address=a.b.c.6 -o smtp_bind_address6= -o smtp_address_preference=ipv4
a.b.c.5- unix - n n - - smtp -o smtp_bind_address=a.b.c.5 -o smtp_bind_address6= -o smtp_address_preference=ipv4
a.b.c.8- unix - n n - - smtp -o smtp_bind_address=a.b.c.8 -o smtp_bind_address6= -o smtp_address_preference=ipv4
a.b.c.7- unix - n n - - smtp -o smtp_bind_address=a.b.c.7 -o smtp_bind_address6= -o smtp_address_preference=ipv4
a.b.c.12- unix - n n - - smtp -o smtp_bind_address=a.b.c.12 -o smtp_bind_address6= -o smtp_address_preference=ipv4
a.b.c.2- unix - n n - - smtp -o smtp_bind_address=a.b.c.2 -o smtp_bind_address6= -o smtp_address_preference=ipv4
a.b.c.4- unix - n n - - smtp -o smtp_bind_address=a.b.c.4 -o smtp_bind_address6= -o smtp_address_preference=ipv4

a, b and c has replaced the three real octets in the ip-addresses.
a.b.c.3 is what i would like to use as default ip-address for Postfix SMTP.
And as you can see we have native IPv6 enabled on the server, a:b:1002:3 should be default ipv6 address for postfix.

Kind Regards
Magnus

Back