• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Website stopping everyday and have to be started manually

AbilashP

New Pleskian
Hello,

We recently got a server and installed Plesk 11.5. We have only one website hosted on it. Everyday in the night the website stops in IIS and we have to manually login to remote desktop and start the website through IIS. Event logs doesn't show anything except for application pools being stopped due to inactivity, but then the application pool is running but only the website is stopped. Is there anything you could help me with to identify the issue? We had been having this problem for over 15 days now unable to figure out the issue.

Thanks in advance.

I thought Plesk support would be quick as anyone would expect for a paid service. Does anyone know other ways of contacting the customer support? I do not have an account with plesk directly as the license is bought through the datacenter.

How to set up web-sites:
1)Use one application pool for all Web site?
2)Use one application pool per Web site?

I guess you are asking how I setup the website. I tried both, a dedicated pool as well as a shared pool - the website stops on both setup. Other websites like the sqladmin, webmail, etc on the shared pool doesn't stop.

I did not get any favorable reply from Parallels or any others. The only thing that fixed the issue was a complete re install.

Back