1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

websrvmng not restarting apache gracefully

Discussion in 'Plesk 10.x for Linux Issues, Fixes, How-To' started by JP Kelly, Mar 3, 2011.

1. JP Kelly

JP Kelly Regular Pleskian

I am using WHMCS to create new domains in Plesk 10. When the domain is created via a php page form submission, the resulting page returns a "Server cannot be found" error. This seems to be because websrvmng is not gracefully restarting apache. Apache goes down for a brief amount of time and the response page for the domain creation script does not show up because Apache is down. This was not an issue in Plesk 8.6.

As a workaround I have disabled websrvmng because the domain creation script still modifies the Apache .conf files correctly, only Apache needs to be restarted manually. For me this is a better scenario than having my new clients be presented with a "server cannot be found" error.

2. JP Kelly

Ok c'mon guys

This is really starting to become an issue!
    Can someone from Parallels please acknowledge that this is something they are looking at?

3. JP Kelly

Found a Fix on WHMCS forum

Someone posted this on the WHMCS forum and it worked for me.

4. CoreyC

CoreyC New Pleskian

60%
    I had the same issue, we ended up running whmcs under lighttpd - but that brought in some SSL conflicts

5. JP Kelly

After upgrading to 10.3.1 apache restart is very slow and API with WHMCS is broken again.
    Any ideas?