• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved What are the valid options for the -srv-service option when using the CLI to add a SRV DNS record?

Alex Presland

Basic Pleskian
I'm using the Plesk CLI to script the changing of some SRV DNS records. I'm following the documentation at dns: DNS Zones on Domains

I'm sending in a command (domain changed):
plesk bin dns --add example.com -srv -srv-service imaps -srv-target-host mail.other.com. -srv-protocol TCP -srv-port 993 -srv-priority 0 --srv-weight 0

The response I get starts with:
Unknown option 'imaps': ...

However, I can successfully use the web interface to configure this service type. Do I need to configure the allowed service types somewhere first (I don't using the web interface). Surely I should be able to use this for any service that I specify?

Just after posting, I looked back at the documentation and found that I had missed the '' parameter after the -srv parameter.

Good to know.

There are useful enhanced terminal software's that helps you to quickly find these syntax errors.
f9m6ckvpnn-png.19995

If you're using Windows:
Please support them if you find it useful later.

Back