• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Question What happened to verbose mail logging?

Flachzange

Basic Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
Plesk version and microupdate number
18.0.60 Update #1
I have an issue with outgoing email getting stuck in the queue and I wanted to debug as in the old days. I must admit I haven't looked at mail logs since a while now as the server was running smooth.

I am used to a super verbose syslog file in which I can see every connect and every incoming and outgoing email with all steps and filters applied.

However, syslog and maillog only contain now very few log entries for a few activities. How can I increase the log level back to something which I was used before? This affects multiple services and applications so I would assume there is somekind of central switch in Plesk.

For the issue at hand it would be already good to see the outgoing smtp connection.

Many thanks.

SMTP service: Postfix
IMAP service: Dovecot

Hi,

Have you tried `journalctl -u postfix` and `journalctl -u dovecot` instead of viewing a regular maillog file?

Hi,

Have you tried `journalctl -u postfix` and `journalctl -u dovecot` instead of viewing a regular maillog file?

Gives me:
Code:
journalctl -u postfix
-- No entries --

I already applied https://support.plesk.com/hc/en-us/...5-How-to-enable-or-disable-Postfix-debug-mode
But this does not change anything although smtpd is definetely running with the v parameter.

I would expect log entries like this (just an example) : https://support.plesk.com/hc/en-us/...using-PHP-Scripts-bare-LF-received-after-DATA

What puzzles me is that it is not just postfix and dovecot. Also all spamassasin logs are missing. Basically everything for incoming and outgoing mail. I attached a maillog of today, which is basically empty except all these failed authentication attempts.

Appreciate your support

Attachments

• maillog.zip
    19.6 KB · Views: 0
Back