• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

What Happened

D

DemonL

What happened to Plesk Control Panel?

My hosting server supplier used to use a custom built control panel, old fashioned but so simple to use and set up a clients website in minutes.

When we purchased a new server, we discovered it was then using Plesk Control Panel 9, I was very sceptical about using it from previous experiences on other hosting servers, but eventually I found my way around, despite all the bugs, failures and complete nonsensical procedures it required.

I recently bought a 3rd & 4th hosting server and these have PLESK 10 installed and what a friggin nightmare.

Whose idea was it to have a 'default' domain name?
Whose idea was it to have 'subscriptions' for every domain hosted?
Whose idea was it to use a zillion screens to configure one domain when one screen will suffice.
Whose idea was it to use a backup programme that clearly causes the server to fall over due to resource use?
Whose idea was it to to create a 'migration tool' that does not carry over file permissions?

Plesk 10 is a nightmare and someone at PLESK needs to remember the following - K.I.S.S. (Keep it simple stupid).

Any software developer that takes a simple set of processes and then revamps it so that Hosting Admins need to spend several weeks learning, testing and configuring said software to work correctly is sadly going lose a lot of clients....!

I have Plesk entire Knowledge base articles for our which can help how to manage and operate.
Plesk 10
Plesk 11

Thanks but knowledge base articles are pointless, using the system per se is not the issue, it is fixing something that wasn't broken is the issue as it has more defects and fallovers now than any other previous version of plesk.... we don't even have the option to renew licences on older versions that work just the way we want it to...!!!!!

Back