• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

What is the purpose of the following folders that are created in new accounts?

C

CSPtony

I've been using linux and cpanel for a few years now and just got a Plesk 7.5.6 server with windows. Just curious whats needed and whats not needed in the "httpdocs" folder.

Folders:
_private
_vti_cnf
_vti_log
_vti_pvt
_vti_script
_vti_txt
css
images
img
picture_library
test

Files:
_vti_inf.html
index.html
postinfo.html

I know the first 5 folders deal with FrontPage extensions, but not sure if the other folders/files are needed such as the "css" folder or the "picture_library" folder.

Here are my following questions:
1. What can be deleted and can't be deleted?

2. If I accidently delete the frontpage extensions folders, how would i get the back? I cant seem to find a way to uninstall FP from a specific account and reinstall it just to that account.

3. I'm migrating some websites over from another server which also use FP Extensions, but should i the also copy over the "_vit_*" folders as well or no? I'm guessing i'm going to have to upload the websites that use FP extensions from within frontpage again but i was just curious if i still needed the old _vti folders or just use the ones that plesk installs?

4. How would i be able to uninstall/reinstall ASP for a specific account? Have the same question about cgi/php/etc.

Would this be a easy task, or would it be a hassle to reinstall those onto an account.

5. Via FTP i'm unable to delete the "picture_library" folder, it says "access denied". Anyone know why?

Thank you in advance for your replies.

Hi CSPtony

The following folders and file are part of the skeleton ...

css
images
test
index.html

The skeleton is the default page and testing files that are created. You can create your own skeleton via Server > Skeleton in your admin.

The picture library is apparently used for sitebuilder, I dont think you can delete it via the FTP account.

Enabling/Disabling languages such as ASP is easy to do and can be done at any time. On the domains page, go to setup and tick / untick the box for the language then click update.

I dont know anything about FP so cant help with that.

Back