• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Where do I install the RPMs

Q

QueenB

Hello everyone,

I just got plesk through a VPS hoster, but they did not have sitebuilder. I leased the license for sitebuilder. I downloaded the following items
:
CentOS 4.3 (x86_64)

Autoinstaller build080201.09 5.1M
Plesk Sitebuilder 4.2.0 for CentOS 4.3 (x86_64) 34M

Virtuozzo templates

Plesk Sitebuilder Standard template 39M
Publishing support template 480K
Plesk Sitebuilder EZ template

The problem is I don't know where to install them. I have a virtuozzo panel and a plesk panel.

Please help

Nicole

You can install the RPM using PIM or directly in the VE shell.

how to locate

Thank you wsani for posting. I don't think I have PIM. I know that PIM is the parallel infrastructure manager, but what is VE. How do I locate either one?

Thanks in advance.

QueenB

VE would be your virtual container. With that said, did your host not provide you with the hostname of the virtual container? If so, then you can log-in remotely via SSH and install the RPM using "rpm -ivh package".

If you had PIM, which I think most hosts should provide, you can do the same as well.

wsani,

I do have the ssh shell and it tells me that command not recognized or package not found. So my question is what folder should I download the sitebuilder to in order for the shell to pick it up and install it. Should it be in root, etc, or some other folder. The only hostname I have is the one to manage my vps through virtuozzo panel or plesk control panel.

Thanks

Thanks

PS. If you have virtuozzo panel, then you can install the software from there as well.

wsani,

I did a copy and paste from what you told me and I get this:

Last login: Sat May 24 19:54:40 2008 from c-71-194-225-43.hsd1.il.comcast.net[root@
[root@vps6610 ~]# $ cd /var/tmp-bash:
-bash: $: command not found[root@
[root@vps6610 ~]# [root@
[root@vps6610 ~]# [root@
[root@vps6610 ~]# [root@
[root@vps6610 ~]# $ wget http://download1.parallels.com/SiteB...entOS_4.2_i386-bash:
[root@vps6610 ~]# [root@
[root@vps6610 ~]# [root@
[root@vps6610 ~]# [root@
[root@vps6610 ~]# $ chmod +x swsoft_installer*-bash:
[root@vps6610 ~]# [root@
[root@vps6610 ~]# [root@
[root@vps6610 ~]# [root@
[root@vps6610 ~]# $ ./swsoft_installer*-bash:

After that happened, I tried to input it line by line and got this"

[root@vps6610 ~]# cd/var/tmp-bash:
-bash: cd/var/tmp: No such file or directory[root@
[root@vps6610 ~]# cd /var.tmp-bash:
-bash: cd: /var.tmp: No such file or directory[root@
[root@vps6610 ~]#

Thanks so much

Oh my goodness. Thank you wsani. How do I install it through virtuozzo panel

Thanks

I don't mean to be rude but you didn't actually follow instructions and I can't continue to provide instructions knowing that you may not understand fully. Instead of copying and pasting commands that you're not familiar with, please make sure that you understand them first.

$ means one line in the shell. So if you copy and paste the whole thing, you'll end up with nothing. If you don't put a space between the command and the location, then you're issuing an unknown command:

$ cd /var/tmp NOT $ cd/var/tmp

I recommend that you paid your VPS provider to give you some basic support. If you don't want to pay them, find someone that's familiar with VZ as well as Linux.

Yes, wsani you are rather rude. And for your information, it didn't work either way. As you can see after I realized that I could not get around retyping what you told me, it came back no such directory or file found. Which brings me back to my original question of what folder to download to! I know the difference between a # shell and a $ shell and I know the idea of inputting the commands is to change the directory, get the files from the internet, change the access permissions, and run the sws installer script from shell.

I may be new to linux but I am not an imbecile.

So, quit smelling yourself and thanks for nothing.

Hmm, okay... I'm being rude but if you knew how to get around the shell, why would you not be able to actually execute the commands?

Anyways... your CentOS install has a /var/tmp, when you're able to locate that directory, then you can use wget to download the RPM and install it. Obviously you know your way around the shell so I'll stop being rude by providing input.

Good luck.

Back