• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Really simple - how do I install a utils package

Another_Omeka_User

Basic Pleskian
Hi all,

I'm still a relative newbie to Plesk, and I do not do much server work (I'm a part-time front-end developer most the time). However, I am in charge of maintaining what already exists, and in order for a plug-in to work within something else, I need to install poppler-utils (pdftotext) for use within an app on a specific domain. I am trying to follow the instructions of the plug-in that say the following:

"[the plug-in] requires a command-line program installed on your server: pdftotext. The plugin will refuse to install if pdftotext is not found on the server. If you control the server yourself and need to install pdftotext, it's provided by the poppler-utils package which should be available from your distribution's package manager."

I control the server. I have downloaded the tar files. Can I use the Plesk panel to upload these packages? The App vault manager says zip files only. I am not entirely comfortable working at command line, and I honestly don't know where to put these tar files even if I did go into the server at command line. Standard Plesk 12.5 / CentOS 7 setup.

If anyone could provide some advice or if I'm missing something blatantly obvious, I'd really appreciate it.

Over SSH:
# sudo yum -y install poppler-utils
[...]
Installed:
poppler-utils.x86_64 0:0.26.5-16.el7

Dependency Installed:
openjpeg-libs.x86_64 0:1.5.1-10.el7 poppler.x86_64 0:0.26.5-16.el7

Complete!
#

Back