• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

where is SiteBuilder in my PLESK

J

JRios

I just got a new server with PLESK on it and installed SITEBUILDER using instal instruction provided... I dont see where is it integrated, looks to me there are two separate admins , actually i got PLESK because i thought it was integrated.. can any one help me see where it should be, what are the advantages of such "integration" ?

Primary advantage of the integration is that once you create a domain in the Plesk integrated to SiteBuilder, all the provisioning gets automatically happen in the background.
Without Plesk you would have to do all that manually:
- create a folder on the web server
- register an application in IIS
- make sure ASP.NET account has all necessary permissions
- make sure the folder is available through FTP
- go to SiteBuilder and type in all necessary publishing settings
- etc.

In an integrated mode you have all that with a click of a button. Your site waits for you to fill it with content using SiteBuilder wizard, and you can publish with no efforts 'cause SiteBuilder already knows where and how to put the files you created.

can you explain..?

I understand, but Can you Please tell me how to "integrate" plesk with sitebuilder, I mean, where do I specify that a newly created or existing HOST will use SiteBuilder as content management?

There's a checkbox on the Physical Hosting Settings page when you create new domain:
PleskSBWin.png

I am missing those options..

Well, my PLESK is missing all those options, I installed SiteBuilder runninf the RPM from the download area, after getting the server with PLESK already on it, perhaps I need to run an integration script ??

I see in the download there is a "integration script" but it is for CPANEL not PLESK..

I appreciate your help..

Oops!

Sorry, I posted a screenshot for Plesk&SiteBuilder for Windows.
I will drop some Linux-related comments once I get back to the office.

It integrated by "Remote Admin for SiteBuilder3" module

Enter into th Plesk and see the modules -> Remote Admin for SiteBuilder3

Back