• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Which download?

U

usbusi

I have downloaded and installed the 2nd of the two distribution packages for SiteBuilder 3 listed below a bit hastily on a Linux server with Plesk 8 also installed...

FedoraCore 4 (x86_64)
=====================
Autoinstaller build061201.02 3.2M
SiteBuilder 3.0.2 for FedoraCore 4 (x86_64) 25M

Thinking I could install the PSA Autoinstaller program afterwards (the first download file listed above) if necessary - thinking it would probably add a control panel button for SiteBuilder into Plesk 8 for customers as well as allow a mouse click update of SiteBuilder for myself as Plesk admin.

Question 1: Can I run the PSA Autoinstaller after I've already installed SiteBuilder with the 25M package?

Question 2: If the answer to question 1 is No, what disadvantage do I have having the install done with the 25M package and not the 3.2M PSA Autoinstaller package?

(I am guessing I don't have the capability to update SiteBuilder within the Plesk control panel and that there is no Button for customers to automatically open their SiteBuilder site.)

I do not believe the answer is in the manual which I have read, nor is there a README on the download page.

p.s. the good news is that the 25M package installed SiteBuilder flawlessly, and the rpm's all installed flawlessly using configure.pl . (I just need to get the patch for the bug regarding users always getting the Wizard when logging in.)

Thank you in advance,

Answer 1: Yes, you can run PSA autoinstaller after you've already installed Sitebuilder. The thing is that latest autoinstaller can be used both for Plesk and Sitebuilder installation. If Sitebuilder with all components (language packs, modules) are installed then autoinstaller should detect installation. Moreover you can select which component to install Sitebuilder or Plesk while running autoinstaller on the server.

To be able to use Plesk and Sitebuilder integration you need to make sure that module psa-sbm3 is installed on this server. In this case in section Modules you can find Remote Administrator for Sitebuilder3 button which can be used for Sitebuilder3 managing in Plesk.
As for the patch I believe you can find it on this thread:
http://forum.swsoft.com/showthread.php?threadid=39921&perpage=15&pagenumber=2
Check it up.

Back