1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Why can't Ghostscript find Jasper for JPEG support?

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by Mateo1041, Jun 11, 2007.

1. Mateo1041

Mateo1041 Guest

Hello,

I'm trying to install Ghostscript 8.57 on a Plesk 8.0 setup and it looks like Jasper is not being found by default on Fedora Core during installation using ./configure.

Code:
    checking for local jasper library source... jasper
    checking for local jasper configure script... no
    checking for local jasper autogen.sh script... configure: error:
    Unable to find jasper/src/libjasper/include/jas_config.h,
    or generate generate such a file for this system. You will
    have to build one by hand, or configure, build and install
    the jasper library separately.

You can also pass --without-jasper to configure to disable
    JPEG 2000 PDF image support entirely.
    So I downloaded Jasper from 1.900.1 from http://www.ece.uvic.ca/~mdadams/jasper/ and ran ./configure, make, and make install. I restarted Apache, but the Ghostscript install still can't find Jasper.

Am I doing something wrong? Is there a specific directory I should be running Jasper's ./configure from? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    - Matt

2. Mateo1041

Mateo1041 Guest

Anyone? No one's heard of this before? Or no one checks these forums? :-(

3. Mateo1041

Mateo1041 Guest

I ended up asking my web host to do it instead. Looks like they used some kind of RPM method.