• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Why is backup manager backing things up without a scheduled task?

HostaHost

Regular Pleskian
Just upgraded a server from 10.4.4 to 11.0.9 and from that day forward, even though there is no scheduled backup task, Plesk has been taking daily backups of the websites and dumping them to:

/var/lib/psa/dumps/resellers/USERNAME/domains/DOMAIN/

where there will be files of the format:

backup_DOMAIN_info_DATE.xml
backup_DOMAIN_mn_DATE.tgz
backup_DOMAIN_vhost_DATE.tgz

along with a directory for databases.

Since backups aren't scheduled, I can't figure out how to make it stop doing that.

First of all make sure that you have not active task in BackupManager of domain. If you haven't - check records psa.BackupsScheduled table. You can safely remove record there if necessary.

Scheduled backups on Plesk works as follows:

- schedule of running backupmng utility is defined in /etc/cron.d/plesk-backup-manager-task file (Once every 15 minutes. On each Plesk server specific moment chosen randomly)
- backupmng checks task records in psa.BackupsScheduled table and start them if they are exists.

There is a backup present in the database table to run daily. It is listed as an obj_type of 'reseller'. As far as I can tell, I have no way to see, modify or delete these tasks via the Plesk interface when logged in as 'admin'; is that correct?

There is a backup present in the database table to run daily. It is listed as an obj_type of 'reseller'. As far as I can tell, I have no way to see, modify or delete these tasks via the Plesk interface when logged in as 'admin'; is that correct?

Have you solved your problem? I have the same and cannot find a solution. Thanks for answering!

Back