• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Why won't email route properly to an outside domain?

M

Mateo1041

Hi everyone,

I'm hosting a subdomain for a client of mine who hosts the main domain on his server. He is basically routing all IP traffic to me, but only for the subdomain. For example, I host data.domain.com whereas he hosts www.domain.com.

This works great except any time I send him email to [email protected], it is trapped inside my server and he does not receive it. I get the "This address no longer accepts mail." error when attempting to send him email.

I believe this is because in order for me to host the data.domain.com subdomain, I also had to create a www.domain.com parent domain in Plesk. Thus, the mail server thinks [email protected] is on my system instead of on my client's remote www.domain.com server which is where it actually should go.

My question is this: How can I have my mail server not look under my server for www.domain.com before sending mail? All [email protected] email should go to his server instead of mine.

Any help would be appreciated. My client receives and sends email just fine otherwise. The problem is just on my end and affects anyone on my server.

- Matt.

Remove his domain name from the /var/qmail/rcpthosts file, also check the virtualdomains file, then restart qmail

Back