• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Willing to pay for support to fix my mail problems

Sue Perry

New Pleskian
hi there,

I am looking for someone who I can pay to fix my mail problems. I tried to raise a support ticket but I don't know where to find my licence key.

I am based in Australia. My host is fasthosts in the UK ( as most of my site traffic is in the UK) but they are unable to provide me with support even though I pay them each month for hosting.

My problem is probably pretty simple to fix but its beyond my knowledge. I suspect it falls in between DNS and Plesk.

Basically, I am not receiving emails into my webmail for my email account, unless they come from my website (on same domain as my email account).

Secondly, emails sent from my domain seem to be ending up in customer's spam folders.

Thirdly, I am unable to set up gmail as my mail client as gmail says they have trouble connecting.

I have tried changing my mail settings per the documentation. I have updated my DNS settings and fasthosts claim they are correct.

anyone willing to quote me for fixing these issues,

thanks, Sue

hi everyone,

just to update this post. I was able to find a helpful person in support at my hosts, and they added a couple of ports to my firewall / server (??) and things then started to work fine.

For info, beforehand I had also:

updated my mail settings in Plesk per the Plesk documentation:

• selected “Send from domain IP addresses”

• selected “Enable message submission” checkbox

• selected Relay Options, POP3, 20 minutes

• - selected “Switch on limitations on outgoing messages”
(These had previously not been selected).

confirmed I had an MX record that simply included my mail server info

just in case that vague information is of help to anyone else :)

regardfs Sue

Back