• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Windows 2008 and errors in event log

J

jerry2

Hi there

I have a new Plesk 8.6.0.5 install on Win2008 and I get this errors about every half hour or so:

A process serving application pool 'PleskControlPanel' terminated unexpectedly. The process id was '6112'. The process exit code was '0xc0000374'.

It seems to work OK for now, but I am worried...

Also once a day in application log I get:

Faulting application w3wp.exe, version 7.0.6001.18000, time stamp 0x47919413, faulting module ntdll.dll, version 6.0.6001.18000, time stamp 0x4791a783, exception code 0xc0000374, fault offset 0x000aada3, process id 0x9a8, application start time 0x01c9a210d7f17ed0.

This is bad news, isn't it?

I am running windows 2008 64 bit edition.

Anybody on this system have such issues? On my previous 2003 x86 it run just fine...

I am having the same problem, running 8.6.0.5 install on Win2008. No issue running on 2003 server. Is it a PHP bugs having issue to run in windows 2008 server ?

I am also facing the same problem.. if somebody know solution please help

We're experiencing this problem too, with Plesk 9.2.1 on Windows 2008 x64. Any solution?

Check if you can access normally folder C:\Program Files\Parallels\Plesk\admin\sessions
If not, or if it takes too much time to open, just rename it and create an empty sessions folder.

Check if you can access normally folder C:\Program Files\Parallels\Plesk\admin\sessions
If not, or if it takes too much time to open, just rename it and create an empty sessions folder.

First of all, thank you for posting. I can access that folder with no problem, but I've recreated it, to see if something changes.

Meanwhile, I've changed Plesk configuration to have dedicated application pool per domain. This let me see that only PHP+MySQL webs are failing, and to be more precise, Joomla, but I've no orther PHP+MySQL on my server.

the error message clearly shows that the application pool of Plesk control panel is failing. There are several reasons for a application pool to crash. And isolating pools is the best way which helps to identify problematic sites and investigate the issue further.
Can you let me know if you have installed ISAPI Rewrite on your server ?

Regards,
sysadmin

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm Having same problem, Win2008 64Bit, but only with PleskControl...
anyone solved the problem?

Thanks

We're still trying to find a solution. Seems that problem is being reduced with some workarounds, but still not solved. If we find a solution, I'll post it.

We've changed PHP to FastCGI, including Plesk CP and all domains using it, and no more w3wp.exe-ntdll.dll errors are shown in the event log in some days.

It is not only Plesk control panel failing, it is ALL appplication pools that have 5 minutes of inactivity, immediately after inactivity the pool failes. It is a HEAP error and it means some dll or ISAPI module is not working good.

Parallels, where are you???

I am getting the exact same error message on a Windows 2008 R2 x64 server with Plesk 9.3 installed.

Has anyone found a solution to this?

We're still getting the same errors, too. But since change to FastCGI, server has become more stable.

I have the same problem in a new installed dedicated server with windows 2008 and plesk 9.2.3 (The latest version today available)...

Anyone can help??? Please!!!

Yes, I can confirm that Application pool keeps crashing for some reason, but I cannot see how Plesk has something to do here. From this point I can only give some sort of advices here:

1) review your application pool performance and try to tweak it by increasing corresponding values in machine.config: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/821268

2) if w3wp.exe keeps crashing after that, enable application crash dump generation report http://kb.odin.com/en/1320 and collect w3wp.exe crash dumps; once done, consider passing them to Microsoft for reviewing.

Igor, i check and there´s a plesk 9.3 upgrade for the plesksrv.exe.

I did that upgrade a minutes ago, i will coment the next week if that solved my problem.
http://kb.odin.com/en/8272

The problem that i have was that Plesk Management Service crushes and the mail queues gets frozen. I recently find that upgrade for 9.3 version in that KB.

Thanks in advance.

Back