• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved windows 2022 and plesk

Darko Bazulj

Basic Pleskian
what are plesk plans to enable support for windows 2022?
I plan to upgrade from win2012 but would like to do that to latest windows OS to have longer support.

We are working on Windows 2022 support. It will be supported mandatory. At the moment, I have no exact ETA, but I'm sure it will be supported in 2022.

less then month and now in 18.0.39 I see
Plesk now supports Windows Server 2022.

Can't believe you didn't know this was in production.

I have installed win2019 and plesk and now I need to do everything from start because we want latest OS.

Is it maybe possible to do in-place upgrade from win2019 to win2022 now?

hello @Darko Bazulj ,

officially Microsoft supports in-place upgrade of windows server to 2022 from 2019 (Install, upgrade, or migrate to Windows Server)

however, this procedure is not recommended way even by Microsoft itself.

Officially Plesk does not support this way (it has not been tested and officially not supported by our software).

There is a well-known solution - Plesk Migration Manager, which allows to migrate your sites from older Plesk version (with all your settings of resellers, customers and service plans). We would recommend to use it instead.

Another one way is to prepare full Plesk backup at old instance and revert it on new installation.
To make this way easier you can use cloud storages that are officially supported, like OneDrive, GoogleDrive, AmazonS3, Dropbox.

Back