• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Windows Server 2008 Questions...

NeuroPsyche

Regular Pleskian
How many of you have Plesk/Sitebuilder installed on a Windows Server 2008 x64 machine?

I'm just now setting up, installing, Windows Server 2008 Standard x64 on two Dell PowerEdge 2950 machines, and I don't like it one bit. I don't know if its because
the icons i'm so used to seeing from win2k3 aren't in the same spot or what.

I had two machines running Windows Server 2003 Enterprise x86(32bit) and I loved it. The servers were getting old and I got two 2950 machines(the old ones were Dell PowerEdge 2650's).

2008 seems a lot different, and I can't find on Plesk what or what not to install as to components. 2008 seems to have a mind of its own, a whole lot more than win2k3 does, and trys to figure out what you want.

Win2k8 seems to be lacking a lot. For one thing, no desktops, no backgrounds, horrible color(its hard on my eyes), and there isn't as far as I can tell any checkmark in the network adapters to 'show adapter in systray'. I always turned this on so I saw the activity.

Ok, I'm talking to much, sorry. What I wanted to see was how many people are running Plesk on a Win2k8 machine in 64 bit? And, how does it perform? And, does anyone know how to setup win2k8 before installing Plesk. What components to and not to install.

Thanks!

Dave.

Back