• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Windows Web Server 2008 doesnt have DNS Server Role

G

garfi

when i try to install Plesk 8.4 on a fresh Windows Server 2008 Web Edition. it gives an error about DNS Server is not installed. Windows 2008 Web Edition doesnt have a Dns Server Role, only IIS. so what can i do ?

Thank you

I have this problem too. The plesk doesn't want install bind and i have installed bind 9.4.2 manually. But plesk says that bind isn't installed.

i tried this also. but same as you :(.
also i tried to install simpledns 5. but plesk says again no dns server installed.

There must come a update plesk 8.4 windows for bind 9.4.2. It seems that bind has fixed problems with windows 2008. I am running that version without any problems on windows 2008

There must come a update plesk 8.4 windows for bind 9.4.2. It seems that bind has fixed problems with windows 2008. I am running that version without any problems on windows 2008

Thank you for the report.
I've tried to run BIND 9.4.2 on Windows 2008 two weeks ago and it was unsuccessful - we will try again as soon as possible.

Thank you for the report.
I've tried to run BIND 9.4.2 on Windows 2008 two weeks ago and it was unsuccessful - we will try again as soon as possible.

How fast while there a update for it if bind 9.4.2 works?

Also is there workaround to let plesk work with bind 9.4.2?

any news how we fix this or update from parallels for plesk?

Latest Bind Dns which is 9.4.2 is not working on Windows 2008 Web. when installing, it says "unable create account!".

I have this problem too. The plesk doesn't want install bind and i have installed bind 9.4.2 manually. But plesk says that bind isn't installed.

I tried Plesk > Server > Components Management and click Refresh. But Plesk doesn't see bind.
What can i do???

Simple DNS Plus works. I installed it before installing Plesk, and although the Plesk installer doesn't detect it and warns you that there is no DNS installed, once the installation is complete and you launch plesk, it runs without a problem.

I tried Plesk > Server > Components Management and click Refresh. But Plesk doesn't see bind.
What can i do???

In order to Plesk recognizes BIND you should install one into folder %plesk_dir%dns.

Doesnt work

Tried 9.4.2 , 9.4.1 , 9.5.0 installed inside Plesk\dns folder .
The DNS folder has to folders after install etc and bin . Created a named.conf (because it does not create one) . Named working but Plesk still not detecting bind9 !

Gentlemen,

Excuse me, I was wrong. You should do the following:

1. install BIND 9.4.2 manually
2. create folder <BIND path>\var and file <BIND path>\etc\named.conf
3. open service ISC BIND and choose Log On as: Local System account
4. start ISC BIND service
5. create registry value
[HKLM\SOFTWARE\PLESK\PSA Config\Config]
"NAMED_RUN_ROOT_D"="<BIND path>"

6. go to Plesk > Server > Components Management and click Refresh
7. click DNS Server, select BIND DNS Server 9.4.2 and click OK

I believe it is correct now.