• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

WMMU 8.1.1 Empty error Message ?

X

xalakox

I am attempting to migrate from a Plesk 8.1.1 Linux RedHat el4 to a Plesk 8.1.1 Windows 2k3; all patches and firewall rules applied on both sides according the previous articles.

So I go to the migration manager wizard on the win2k3 server, fill in the root's user/password and the IP address of the other server and click next...few seconds later:

Code:
Error: Unable to upload scout: Unable to run migrmng: Empty error message from utility.
Info: Enter login and password of a system account with administrator's rights.

Now, from what I can understand this messages tellme that I can not weven start the MM on the win2k3 box, however I have installed and reinstalled the MM on the win2k3 box.

the following message appears on the Event Viewer of the win2k3 server:

Code:
An unhandled exception ('System.ApplicationException') occurred in migrmng.exe [724].
Just-In-Time debugging this exception failed with the following error: Debugger could not be started because no user is logged on.
Check the documentation index for 'Just-in-time debugging, errors' for more information.

Thanks for any help or info that can lead me to resolve the problem.

Hello! Could you send me Migration.log? It is placed at <PLESK_DIR>\PMM\Logs.

Thanks.

Empty

It is empty; I think this log comes form the migration manager agend (to receive migrations); but is empty.

What is mean "Empty"?

The file Migration.log is not exist?
The directory <PLESK_DIR>\PMM\Logs is not exists?

the folder and the log file are there but the file itself is empty.

Could you run in command line this command

Code:
%plesk_dir%admin\bin\migrmng.exe --deploy-scout --host=127.0.0.1 --system-type=windows --login=<WINADMLOGIN> --password=<LOGINPWD> >C:\1.txt

and tell me results (results may be in "Migration.log" and "C:\1.txt" )?

Command line output

Well; the source system is a linux one, so I changed the parameters according to the source server.. anyway; the command did not created any 1.txt file however I got the folling error at the command line:

Code:
Unhandled Exception: System.ApplicationException: Can not determine PMM install
dir. Please reinstall Plesk Migration Manager!
   at ForeignMigratorCore.MigratorConfig.get_PMMInstallDir()
   at migrmng.App.initTraceFileLog(Boolean needClearLog)
   at migrmng.App.Main(String[] args)

Just as a comment; I have already reinstalled the PMM about 3 times already; I downloaded the one for the plesk v.8.1.1 which is the one that I have installed on the win2k3 server.

By the way the Migration.log is still empty.

Thank you very much for all the help. !

Very strange error.

It is seems like you have no path "%plesk_dir%PMM" (path where PMM have been installed).
Please check if this path really exists?

Do you work under Virtuozzo?

It exists

output from cmd prompt

Code:
C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk>cd "%plesk_dir%PMM
C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\PMM>

I am not using virtuozzo or any virtualization software it is a dedicated win2k3 box.

I have checked and plesk_bin, plesk_dir and plesk_vhosts are system variables.

In this situation after installation

The registry key
Code:
"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\PLESK\Installer\ForeignMigrator"
must exist and has value

Code:
"INSTALLDIR" = "C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\"

The directory "C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\PMM" must exist and contains PMM installed.

And the migration manager willnot give error "Can not determine PMM install".

Please, check these settings again. If they are ok, please contact to out support team or write private message.

Problem Solved

Ok it did exist but had the value

Code:
C:\Program Files\PRODUCT_ROOT\

I change it to

Code:
C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\

and is working now; the previous value was written by the setup or something.. :confused:

I am really greatefull for all the help !!

Back