• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Wordpress not send email

andre_c

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 22.04.2 LTS
Plesk version and microupdate number
Good evening,

Unfortunately I cannot receive the various automatic emails from my WordPress site

I have already tried this procedure : Tools & Settings > Mail Server Settings and enable the option Allow users and scripts to use Sendmail.

When i go to Log Browser>Mail> i see this log2023-10-20_163625.png
Wordpress sent from this address: [email protected]

thanks for your help

Hi! For safety reasons:
- the email must contain the domain name (do not use gmail address, which is free) for example (something@ your domain name)
- both the sender and the recipient use this email address, if you use form
- the mail function may be disabled on the server. In this case you have to set the smtp plugin
This is usually the problem.

- the email must contain the domain name (do not use gmail address, which is free) for example (something@ your domain name)
- both the sender and the recipient use this email address, if you use form
Why?

- the mail function may be disabled on the server. In this case you have to set the smtp plugin
This is usually the problem.
How can that be derived from the above shown screenshot?

Hi! On WordPress the black hacker can use (as a new admin) any email address (e.g. gmail), but if the php mail function is disabled (by hosting provider), it will not work. But in this case, we also can't use, just an email address which consist the domain name. And if we use form also important that the sender and receiver will be the same: {admin}

We can use e.g. to the WP Mail SMTP plugin (in this function is free now). We can set it like this: you can choose another options, you need SMTP Host name, email address and password only, and choose SSL, port: 465, on it: https://weblapsuszter.hu/wp-content/uploads/wp-mail-smtp2.jpg
This can be solved for free in 2 minutes if this is the problem. But you can also use code:

$phpmailer->isSMTP();
$phpmailer->Host = 'weblapsuszter.hu';
$phpmailer->SMTPAuth = true;
$phpmailer->Port = 465;
$phpmailer->Username = 'example';
$phpmailer->Password = 'example';
}
add_action('phpmailer_init', 'mailtrap');

Besides this we can ask the hosting provider that is there any other settings on the server...

Back