1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Wordpress

Discussion in 'Plesk for Windows - 8.x and Older' started by tinyforks, Jun 21, 2006.

1. tinyforks

tinyforks Guest

Since I upraded to 7.6, Wordpress no longer communicates with MySQL. I can connect to the database using MySQL admin utility using the same username and password that I have in the config file, but wordpress says:

Error establishing a database connection

This either means that the username and password information in your wp-config.php file is incorrect or we can't contact the database server at localhost. This could mean your host's database server is down.

* Are you sure you have the correct username and password?
    * Are you sure that you have typed the correct hostname?
    * Are you sure that the database server is running?

2. sieb@

sieb@ Guest

This might have something to do with the changed security model/hash used in the newer releases of MySQL. I have run into problems like this before with stand alone MySQL installs. I could never find a usable solution and had to use an older version.

3. tinyforks

tinyforks Guest

I upgraded to MySQL 5.0 in hopes of it helping, but it didn't, so you may be on the right track.

4. tinyforks

tinyforks Guest

Is anyone else using a current version of MySQL with Wordpress?