• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Working with Schedule a Task

pleskuserne

New Pleskian
Hi, I don't use the plesk forum much. Apologies in advance if I'm not asking this in the right thread.

I would like to ask a question about the use of "Plesk Schedule a Task". I've never used this before. But for now I think it might work. I would be glad if you guide me.

I have a website running on Wordpress. I am using the cron structure to perform some operations on this website. For example, if an order has been delivered, the "order status" changes to delivered.
As you know, for the cron structure to work, the web page must be visited when the cron run time comes. So, this is how cron is triggered.
To lighten the server load, cron runs late at night. But I can't always follow it. In addition, visits may not always take place at night. So, as you might guess, it is not certain whether the function linked to the cron will work or not.

I want to use this build from Plesk to fix the problem: Image
1-) Is the structure I use here suitable for the scenario? task type,
Systemuser vs.
2-) Should I do anything else besides this?
3-) Even if there is no visit to the website, this structure will visit the website, right?

Thank you

There's an easier method, go to the Wordpress Toolkit and enabled "Take over wp-cron.php" and click on the little settings icon to enable "Create a replacement task when takeover is initiated" This will create the task for you automatically running wp-cron.php at whatever set time you set it to once enabled (you then edit the time after words).

Well if you were going to set it up manually you would want to do it at the domain level > scheduled tasks, (Domains > yourDomain.tld > scheduled tasks) choosing to run a PHP script and browsing to where wp-cron.php is located. That would be the proper way of doing it.

Otherwise, it's just as easy as using Wordpress Toolkit by clicking on Wordpress on the left side, find your wordpress instance and toggling on "Take over wp-cron.php" then clicking the little settings button on the right and toggling on the "Create a replacement task when takeover is initiated" then clicking on the little setting button next to that to get you to the task so you can adjust the time for when you want it to run.

Back