• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved WP / joomla not working on PHP 7

jorge ceballos

Regular Pleskian
Hi everybody,

Updated unsuccesfully some working WP and Joomla sites from PHP 5.6 to 7.0.11.
Under FastCGI I get 500 error and under FPM-Apache I get "service temporarily unavailable".

For 500 error, error log shows:
[fcgid:warn] [pid xxxxx:tid 115672779593472] (104)Connection reset by peer: [client xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:33348] mod_fcgid: error reading data from FastCGI server
[core:error] [pid xxxxx:tid 115672779593472] [client xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:33348] End of script output before headers: index.php

For the second error, error log shows:
[fcgid:warn] [pid 11536:tid 115672573617920] (104)Connection reset by peer: [client xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:35012] mod_fcgid: error reading data from FastCGI server
[core:error] [pid 11536:tid 115672573617920] [client xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:35012] End of script output before headers: index.php

On the other hand, phpinfo() and a large PHP based script we did, both run successfully and incredibly fast.

Tried switing on/off Opcache and increasing mem unsuccessfully.
Also tried a fresh WP install from scratch unsuccessfully, still shows the same errors, not even showing the initial config page.

Any idea anyone? Am I missing something?

We are running updated Plesk 12.5.30 up#48 on Centos 7.2.1511

Thanks in advance,

Jorge Ceballos

Thanks Peter,

Yes, i tried it past week along with several other things I found after googling over serveral days without success.

Everything seems to be ok and as I said, phpv and own scripts run fine and fast.

BTW, did not mention this happens exactly the same on two instances set at AWS, both identical except by the disk/ram size.

Completely lost on this and I am worried as WP will become PHP7 natural platform in a few months and as You know, every day more customers rely on it for their websites.

Thanks again,

Hi,
Happened I have installed latest ASL hardened kernel and it was blocking php 7 processing.
As per their (ASL) instructions, I ran "paxctl -m /opt/plesk/php/7.0/sbin/php-fpm" and that solved the issue.
Ran the same on the proper php-cgi path and it solved that option too, though we rarely use fast-cgi now having php-fpm optiion.

BTW, if you are dealing with kernel setup, please notice that grub has changed to grub2 in Centos 7.

Best regards,

Back