• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved WP Toolkit - Bulk Remove Error

PrimeSites

New Pleskian
Hi Folks,

Every so often I need to completely clear out all existing WP installations on one of our back-up servers. When I'm in the WordPress Toolkit interface, then multi-select just a few installations and then hit the remove button, I get the following error:

Request to backend API failed with error: Request failed with status code 500

Removing installations individually always succeeds, but trying to remove any number of multiple-selected installations consistently fails with this error.

Are you perhaps able to shed any light on the reason behind this?

Thanks

Product: Plesk Obsidian 18.0.33

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-02-22 at 3.37.24 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2021-02-22 at 3.37.24 pm.png
    10.8 KB · Views: 7
An actual error could be found in /var/log/plesk/panel/log. You can check ERR entries, but if this information will not be enough, there is a way to increase the logging level to debug and check details and error stack trace. You can post logs here (but do not forget to anonymise any sensitive data) or submit a support request.

Thanks, Aleksey.

The verbose log level is what caught us out. We enabled that by following the below instructions:
It turned out that is was a memory error, which we got around by following the advice in this article:
That got around the memory error, but next we started hitting a 524 timeout issue, which turned out to be related to Cloudflare closing the connection after 100 seconds:
We temporarily bypassed Cloudflare for the domain via which we accessed the Plesk back-end and that got us around that issue.

All sorted now. Thanks again for the tip about the logging verbosity level.

PS: We've subsequently reverted the verbosity level changes in the panel.ini file.

Thank you for sorting out and summarizing all these steps that helped you! This could be extremely helpful for other Plesk users in similar situations. :)

Back