• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Your hosting plan does not allow you to create any more databases.

rogerlayton

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Windows Server 2022 21H2
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian Version 18.0.47 Update #5
I have set up a few WordPress sites without a problem. But now when I select Install WordPress I am getting the message

Your hosting plan does not allow you to create any more databases. This WordPress installation will use an existing database instead of creating a new one.

And a popup error:

Failed to get installation parameters of a WordPress website: No database servers available

I have searched the help documentation, and also for any other threads on this Forum without success.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Just questions: how many WordPress sites\databases do you already have, and how many databases are allowed by service plan for this subscription? Default service plan allows 10 databases per subscription.

Attachments

• 1669491706943.png
    1669491706943.png
    66.8 KB · Views: 11
Just questions: how many WordPress sites\databases do you already have, and how many databases are allowed by service plan for this subscription? Default service plan allows 10 databases per subscription.
I have 7 websites on WordPress and it seems that there are 6 MySQL WordPress databases. But I also have a number of other non-WordPress MySQL and MariaDB and MSSQL databases which are not managed through Plesk.

I have 7 websites on WordPress and it seems that there are 6 MySQL WordPress databases. But I also have a number of other non-WordPress MySQL and MariaDB and MSSQL databases which are not managed through Plesk.
I have changed the service plan to unlimited databases but still have the same problem.

What about database servers (T&S > Database Servers)? All of them are available? Is it a local server or remote?
Only database servers registered in Plesk matter.

What about database servers (T&S > Database Servers)? All of them are available? Is it a local server or remote?
Only database servers registered in Plesk matter.
There are three database servers for MSSQL, MySQL and MariaDB (different port from MySQL), and all on the same machine. No remote database server. All are available and in use on other applications.

Have you synced the subscription to the service plan?
Yes. Have just synced. I am very new to Plesk and I am clearly out of my depth and I need professional help. We have done very well to get this far without help but it is now time to ask for additional help. Can you recommend someone?

I can most definitely recommend official Plesk Support.

They are very well trained staff who do an amazing job. IMHO nothing compares to them, you'll see yourself. And as costs have been a question on the forum before: "Subscription has a free trial period for 1 month."

I can most definitely recommend official Plesk Support.

They are very well trained staff who do an amazing job. IMHO nothing compares to them, you'll see yourself. And as costs have been a question on the forum before: "Subscription has a free trial period for 1 month."
Thanks Peter. I am exploring this option having exhausted all other avenues, including the documentation and this forum. Thanks for your help on this. The problem persists and I cannot find a solution myself. All other Wordpress web sites setup fine but can no longer setup any more and I cannot see where are the limits which I seem to be going over. I have tried all your suggestions with no success.

We really like Plesk since it frees us up from having to know the details of the internals of how to manage Windows 2022 Server, and it does almost everything we need without having to RDP into the server. We do RDP for our specific and legacy applications, but as we move these to .NET 6 we will use Plesk again for help.

Thanks for your help.

Hello! What was the resolution to this issue? I have the identical situation. Even with Unlimited subscription sync'd, receiving error in WordPress Toolkit, "Your hosting plan does not allow you to create any more databases. This WordPress installation will use an existing database instead of creating a new one.". However, manually attempting the database creation works fine. Plenty of domains available on the server. Thank you!

Back