• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

4.2.3 Upgrade failed

shoggy24

Regular Pleskian
I downloaded the installer and it ran a pre-requisite check of my server which installed SQLExpress.
After restarting i started the installation again but it failed with the error message;

The installer has encountered an unexpected error while installing this package. This may indicate a problem with this package. The error code is 2771.

I am upgrading from 4.2.0.

Even after successfully upgrading plesk to 8.6 i still cant upgrade sitebuilder, no suggestion to resolve this? Why do i pay SUS yearly for sitebuilder if they cant support an upgade.

Sitebuilder Disappearing After Plesk CP 8.6.0 Upgrade...

I'm not sure if anyone else had this problem, but after Plesk 8.6.0 was released, I dl'ed it, installed.
Logged into Plesk CP, and no Sitebuilder to be found...
I didn't know what was going on so I assumed that Plesk 8.6.0 install removed it so I looked in ControlPannel>ProgramFiles and it was still there... So, I removed it and rebooted. I wasn't prompted
to reboot, I just like to every once inwhile. I dl'ed the x64 bit Sitebuilder, ran the install, and it started to run but then, nothing. It ended without installing. I can't get Sitebuilder back.

Does anyone know what's going on or anyone else having this problem?

Thanks for this alert. We are now investigating this issue and it will be fixed soon.

We were able to reproduce this issue only in the case then MSDE was upgraded to MSSQL 2005.
Is it your case or you have smth different? Can you contact support and provide more details on your environment specific?

We were able to reproduce this issue only in the case then MSDE was upgraded to MSSQL 2005.
Is it your case or you have smth different? Can you contact support and provide more details on your environment specific?

Who is this question intended for? The installation did install SQL express when i started SB install. my previous install 4.2.0 was using SQL server 2000.

So while installing Sitebuilder you selected local MS SQL database option, not second one (remote)?

As workaround you may go with second option. In this case, you MSDE installation will not be upgraded and you will not encounter this issue.

Back