• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

403 Forbidden error Wordpress Plugin

kapil soni

New Pleskian
Hi,

I Installed one plugin on my website "http://www.hootex.com/wp-content/plugins/Share-This-Image/sharer.php"

It's giving "403 Forbidden" error while running.

plugin developer saying it's a file/directory permission issue.

I have set the permissions to 777 for every file and directory of this plugin but the problem not solved.

I see there is USER and GROUP in my plesk file manager. my USER is hootex and GROUP is psacln

(Please find attached photo)

I have read somewhere that the default group is psaserv which can execute any files.

I guess it's a user group issue, that's why my files are not executing.

I have tried to change the group of my user but can't see any option for this in my plesk control panel. I am using Plesk Web Pro Edition 12.5.30 update #22

Can anyone please help me how to change the user group in plesk panel so I can run my plugins properly.

Or any alternate method to run/execute my plugin smoothly.

I am new with plesk and simple web blogger with zero knowledge of server commands. pls help

Thanks
Regards
Kapil

Attachments

• Untitled - 3.jpg
    Untitled - 3.jpg
    157.7 KB · Views: 71
Try to disable two optional security items in Check Security popup window:

Security of the wp-content folder
Security of the wp-includes folder

Hi IgorG

Thank for your help.

Can you please guide where should I find the "Check Security popup window" in plesk panel?

regards

Hi,

Thank you, I have unchecked those extra securities and seems the plugin are now executing without any problem. :)

Best Regards

Back