• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

403 Forbidden error Wordpress Plugin

kapil soni

New Pleskian
Hi,

I Installed one plugin on my website "http://www.hootex.com/wp-content/plugins/Share-This-Image/sharer.php"

It's giving "403 Forbidden" error while running.

plugin developer saying it's a file/directory permission issue.

I have set the permissions to 777 for every file and directory of this plugin but the problem not solved.

I see there is USER and GROUP in my plesk file manager. my USER is hootex and GROUP is psacln

(Please find attached photo)

I have read somewhere that the default group is psaserv which can execute any files.

I guess it's a user group issue, that's why my files are not executing.

I have tried to change the group of my user but can't see any option for this in my plesk control panel. I am using Plesk Web Pro Edition 12.5.30 update #22

Can anyone please help me how to change the user group in plesk panel so I can run my plugins properly.

Or any alternate method to run/execute my plugin smoothly.

I am new with plesk and simple web blogger with zero knowledge of server commands. pls help

Thanks
Regards
Kapil

Attachments

• Untitled - 3.jpg
    Untitled - 3.jpg
    157.7 KB · Views: 71
Try to disable two optional security items in Check Security popup window:

Security of the wp-content folder
Security of the wp-includes folder

Hi IgorG

Thank for your help.

Can you please guide where should I find the "Check Security popup window" in plesk panel?

regards

Hi,

Thank you, I have unchecked those extra securities and seems the plugin are now executing without any problem. :)

Best Regards

Back