• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

7.5.4 to 8.0.1 Domain Backup Conversion

S

sourcejockey

I have a major problem--I backed up all my domains on an individual basis in Plesk 7.5.4, then re-imaged my server. Now, Plesk 8.0.1 doesn't recognize the backups. Please help! I have 20 domains that are dead...

PROGRESS!

I just figured out the backup dumps are MIME encoded, and that WinZip can read it, and dump it into UNKNOWN.xxx files. Those files are a mixture of XML and tar.gz files. When expanding the tar.gz files, I noticed that it includes the domain.ext/ files from the old /home/httpd/vhosts/domain.ext/ from 7.5.4. I have successfully restored one of the domains that doesn't have email or MySQL.

I still need help on mail and mysql, though...

MySQL is GZipped in one of the files. It's just a dump. AWESOME. Now for the mail...

I'm come to a screeching halt--some of my domains have more than 2 gigs of information, and the decoder feels these are too big and quits. *Sigh*

Anyone? Please?

Back