• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

[: 8: x0: unexpected operator run-parts: pleskupdate exited with code 0

C

CorneliusH

I am running Plesk 10.3.1 on Ubuntu (2.6.18-028stab091.2) and the daily cron job produces the following result:

Cron <root@xxxx> test -x /usr/sbin/anacron || ( cd / && run-parts --report /etc/cron.daily )

/etc/cron.daily/60sa-update:
$$Shutting down psa-spamassassin service: done $$Starting psa-spamassassin service: done
/etc/cron.daily/kav8update:

Loading engine...
Current product version: 8.0.1.25
Initializing engine...
Using xml-file: /opt/kav/sdk8l3/bin/settings.xml.

LICENSE INFO:
Key file: kav.key
Expiration date: 24/02/2013
Reload databases kavehost: -en 033[60G
[ OK ]
[: 8: x0: unexpected operator
run-parts: /etc/cron.daily/pleskupdate exited with return code 1

Anyone experienced the same problem?

thanks for your reply igor!
however, this strangely returns me a "dpkg: /etc/cron.daily/pleskupdate not found".

Hi all,

have had the same issue w/ ubuntu lts 10.04.3 and plesk 10.11.

Fixed(?, at least it seems to behave normally but haven't looked into details) it by editing /etc/cron.daily/kav8update to the following:

#!/bin/sh
MYHOME=/opt/kav/sdk8l3/bin
$MYHOME/keepup2date8 --download --licinfo --simplelic --version --xmlfile $MYHOME/settings.xml
RET=$?

if [ $RET = "0" ]; then /etc/init.d/kavehost reloaddb; fi

if [ $RET = "10" ]; then RET=0; fi # all bases are already up2date

exit $RET

FWIW, i don't have the file pleskupdate cronjob in the given location either.

Any ideas?

Thanks
C

That's not the complete solution.
Exchanging the == with = in /etc/cron.daily/kav8update did fix the "[: 8: x0: unexpected operator" message.

The second issue is in line "run-parts: /etc/cron.daily/pleskupdate exited with return code 1"
If I look into the script, it states "/opt/psa/admin/sbin/autoinstaller --select-product-id plesk --select-release-current --reinstall-patch --install-component base"
Calling this directly, I get
Code:
Doing restart of Parallels Installer...
File downloading products.inf3: 100% was finished.
File downloading plesk.inf3: 100% was finished.
File downloading pp-sitebuilder.inf3: 23%..35%..46%..70%..100% was finished.
Checking for installed packages...

ERROR: The product with ID plesk is not installed on the server

I am running an AMD opteron server with Ubuntu 10.04.3 LTS and plesk 10.3.1

OK, I got this solved:

It's not an issue with plesk, it's one with my server provider: Strato

They are evaluating new plesk releases before enabling them for their customers. And to disable the update, they've blocked the plesk update site... To solve this, you have to select an other update server by inserting a "--source URL" into the script /etc/cron.daily/pleskupdate.

It states like this, now:
/opt/psa/admin/sbin/autoinstaller --source URL(don't know if it's allowed) --select-product-id plesk --select-release-current --reinstall-patch --install-component base >/dev/null 2>&1

bash - dash

The real solution is not to use dash as the shell:

dpkg-reconfigure dash

--> Select "No"

So it is using bash instead of dash, solves allmost any problem with unexpected operator

Back