• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Accessing Webmail

2dareis2do

I have recently updated to Plesk 9 UNIX/Linux from 8.6 via the automatic update and then via the command line.

The main problem I have is that horde webmail no longer seems to work at all, and when I go to webmail.domain.com I just get a blank page.

Looking at the error log in Plesk, I can see the following error:

HORDE [error] [imp] FAILED LOGIN IP address to localhost:143[imap/notls] as [email protected] [on line 258 of "/usr/share/psa-horde/imp/lib/Auth/imp.php"]

If I try to switch my mail client to AtMail, I can login to my account ok, but when I go to view email messages in folders, it just times out. Looking at the the error console in Firefox, I get:

Error: no element found
Source File: http://webmail.mydomain.com/showmail.php?ajax=1&Folder=Inbox&start=0&LoadFolder=0
Line: 3, Column: 11
Source Code:
<MsgList>

Any ideas on this one?

Oh yeah, I am still running php v 5.24 which is part of the Zend Core Bundle. I am trying to work out how to fix this to see if it makes a difference as I think the latest version is 5.2.6. Not sure if that will make a difference though.

Horde still not working

Okay, managed to update Zend Core to latest version. This seems to have had an effect and AtMail is now working. Still can't get Horde working so it looks as if I will have to migrate all my webmail clients.

Probably a good thing as AtMail is a lot more modern.

Now I am getting the following error when I try to send a message to an eternal address:. i.e one not on my web server:

Could not send message to SMTP server. Check you have access to send messages via the server and that all To/CC/BCC addresses are valid\nError: SMTP Server rejected email. Returned:553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1)

Any suggestions on how to fix this guys?

Some light at the end of the tunnel

I managed to change the sendmail from Qmail to postfix. This did not fix the problem, but did give me some more info:

Could not send message to SMTP server. Check you have access to send messages via the server and that all To/CC/BCC addresses are valid\nError: SMTP Server rejected email. Returned:554 Service unavailable; Client host [127.0.0.1] blocked using list.dsb.org

list.dsb.org is used as part of the option to Switch on spam protection based on DNS blackhole lists.

list.dsb.org is one of the DNS zones used by the DNSBL service

Therefore I have switched this off and voila, Atmail is now sending emails to external sites without any problems.

I am not sure though if this is because of this particular DNS zone or the service in general?

Horde is still not working either.

Isolated to DNS Zone used for spam protection

This problem seems to be isolated to one of the DNS zones for DNSBL service. I have this taking out list.dsb.org and it now seems to working fine.

Hope this helps someone.

Back