1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Acronis and Plesk CP

Discussion in 'Plesk for Windows - 8.x and Older' started by she4www, Aug 5, 2005.

1. she4www

she4www Guest

Hello,

(sorry for my bad english).

I have installed Acronis TrueImage Server. But the Icon in the Plesk CP is grey. I can't click the icon.

Wat's wrong? Please help.

Thank you, Sven

2. OlegB

OlegB Guest

Most probably that your version on Acronis is not supported by Plesk. As far as I know Plesk support only one Acronis version. It's inclued into its installer. If you have installed it from Plesk distro then Refresh button within Plesk > server> Components management will help you :)

3. JanAndre

JanAndre Guest

I have the same problem. I am working on a box with a fresh installation of plesk 7.5.4.

But the Acronis button is greyed out. Do i have to install something more?

Thanks! :)

4. ColorPrint

ColorPrint Guest

Have you bought Acronis license?

5. JanAndre

JanAndre Guest

Ehh..no! I thought i was included in Plesk, Do you have an adress where i can order?

Thanx again! ;)

- Jan Andrè

6. ColorPrint

ColorPrint Guest

http://www.acronis.com/

7. jtheisen

jtheisen Guest

Buy from acronis or swsoft

Do you mean purchase and add on from plesk, because I have seen no refference to it on the site, or do you mean buy from acronis?

I have installed the server version 8.0 from acronis to the server, but it will not communicate with the cp.

It works fine outside of the cp, but i wanted it integrated.

Ideas or clarification?

8. jtheisen

jtheisen Guest

Answered my own question

OK, for those who do not know.....I was one of them,
    you will need a seperate purchase of true image enterprise for this to work with plesk at a hefty price of $999

Still seems worth it if you can aford it.

9. mazeman

mazeman Guest

Not worth it, there are alternatives

I used Acronis and it gave me a couple of problems specially for remote work.

Now I use this:
    http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/imagew.html

It is way cheaper and works better and uses less server resources. You can make a boot cd that automatically restores your server with no user intervention.

This product is underrated and is the best backup solution i have found for windows servers...

10. jtheisen

jtheisen Guest

IMPRESSIVE

Very nice find, although not integrated with plesk still a great admin tool. Kudos 2 U! Going to test it right now.

Added:
    you mentioned remote problems...did it have anything to do with radmin and acronis? I got radmin replication services while running acronis on server.....spoke to acronis today (sister co of plesk, hmmmm)