• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Adding git repo to new subdomain, overwrites primary domain!

websavers

Regular Pleskian
This is a pretty big issue...

I went to write an article on using the Git manager in Plesk. For my demo I decided to add a new subdomain within Plesk, then use the provided functionality (that appears when adding a subdomain) to populate the subdomain with a Git repo.

After it was done creating the subdomain and setting up the repo, I discovered that Plesk had actually installed the repo to my primary domain's web root -- httpdocs -- when it should have done so to the new subdomain's web root -- magento2.

That would be some major data loss if I had an older Magento install in the web root! Thankfully it was WordPress, so I was able to delete all the Magento files and replace the index.php and .htaccess file to fix it.

Seems like a pretty nasty bug to me.

This is with Plesk Onyx Version 17.0.17 Update #20, last updated on Mar 22, 2017 07:31 PM on CentOS 6.8 (Final). I was logged in as a Customer at the time.

Hi,

Thank you for letting us understand how this impacts you. We are aware of this issue and we plan to fix it in one of the Git extension updates.

Just to clarify: the issue is that Plesk / Git does not correctly prefill the deployment directory for subdomains and addon domains -- it should prefill this field with your subdomain / addon domain docroot instead of httdocs / your domain's docroot:

upload_2017-3-24_0-42-3.png

Hi,

Thank you for letting us understand how this impacts you. We are aware of this issue and we plan to fix it in one of the Git extension updates.

Just to clarify: the issue is that Plesk / Git does not correctly prefill the deployment directory for subdomains and addon domains -- it should prefill this field with your subdomain / addon domain docroot instead of httdocs / your domain's docroot:

View attachment 12364

You're absolutely right; I'm ashamed I missed that. I must have thought since the value was already provided above, there shouldn't need to be additional config and ignored that setting altogether.

Yes, it would be a good improvement to have it pre-fill that field.

You're absolutely right; I'm ashamed I missed that. I must have thought since the value was already provided above, there shouldn't need to be additional config and ignored that setting altogether.

You shouldn't be ashamed about missing this. Even if we ignore the prefilling bug, if this option wasn't apparent for you, it means that our UI is not as intuitive as we would like it to be. We'll see how we can improve it. Thank you for your feedback!

Hi,

View attachment 12364

Almost a year since you said that this need to be fixed. Today I cloned a repo and hopefully I have'n broken anything because the app running in /httpdocs/ and the one I cloned have very different folder and files structures, but this could have been absolutely crytical.

Back