• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

All backups to FTP server fail

P

PulseHosting.be

Hi

Since last month all Plesk backups to an external FTP server fails on one of my Plesk Linux machines.
Both manual AND scheduled backups fail. The backup files in /var/lib/psa/dumps are created and stored there. After this the server starts uploading to FTP and stops after the first file/part.

All I got as result is this tiny and unclear message:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<execution-result status="error">
<object name="backup" type="backupowner">
<message severity="error" code="msgtext">Can't upload file '/var/lib/psa/dumps/servertestmanual_info_1102112245.xml.tar1' to ftp</message>
</object>
<message severity="error" code="msgtext">The dump have been made successfully but can not be imported to FTP due to errors above.</message>
</object>
<message severity="error" code="msgtext">The dump 'servertestmanual_info_1102112245.xml' have been leaved at repository '/var/lib/psa/dumps'. Please export it manually</message>
</object>
<message severity="error" code="msgtext">Runtime error: Export dump to FTP failed at /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/plesk_agent_manager line 694.
</message>
</object>
</execution-result>

Anyone can help me please?

Same Error here ./

your space is empty, remove old Backupfiles, Pleskbackup don't do this anymore and so Backup fails :/

Last edited:
I've got the same problems. After the upgrade to Plesk 10.1.1 I can't no longer backup my data, that's horrifying!

How can I find this details XML-Log you posted?

Hi Guys,

has anyone resolved this issue?

MultiServer, could you please tell us a bit more what you did? Which files (and where) should be cleaned up?
Thanks for your help!

just upgraded from 4.2.15 to 4.2.17. Now, all my FTP backup jobs have been changed to "Schedule Full Backup: Every Time." "Every Time" is the only option in the drop-down, so I can't fix them! This is ridiculous, now all my FTP backup jobs are just re-running the same data and never get to the new data before failing out!

I have an NVX. I have about five jobs that are ruined.

I cannot recreate them, either. If I create a new backup job, when the screen loads I see all the proper options for this drop-down:
First time
Every week
Every 2 weeks
Every 3 weeks
Every 4 weeks
Every time

As soon as I change EITHER the source OR destination to FTP Site, the drop-down gets limited to "Every time!"

Last edited by a moderator:
Schedule Backups will not run - plesk 10.4.4

Schedule Backups will not run - plesk 10.4.4
I have 2 servers upgraded to plesk 10.4.4 so that ssl issues could be resolved.

Now scheduled backups will not run. I have 55 domains on 2 servers so manual backups are very difficult.

I cannot find any comments anywhere on this issue.

Parallel.....please respond to this.......These servers are at godaddy.....they told me they have had request into
you for resolution and they are getting no response.

I have de same error. The backup to the FTP repository does not work. When the backup is finished, Plesk panel get this error:

<message severity="error" code="msgtext">Can't upload file '/var/lib/psa/dumps/BCKFTP_info_1201091109.xml.tar' to ftp</message>
</object>
<message severity="error" code="msgtext">The dump have been made successfully but can not be imported to FTP due to errors above.</message>
</object>
<message severity="error" code="msgtext">The dump 'BCKFTP_info_1201091109.xml' have been leaved at repository '/var/lib/psa/dumps'. Please export it manually</message>
</object>
<message severity="error" code="msgtext">Runtime error: Export dump to FTP failed at /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/plesk_agent_manager line 674.
</message>
</object>
</execution-result>

My version of Plesk is 10.2

Anyway the backup file is created in the folder that is in the ftp repository and also has the right size. That is, at first it seems that everything is correct. But when you try to open that file and unzip it in the end gives an error message like this "Unexpected end of file".

Another thing to consider is that the FTP repository is located on a NAS disk (ReadyNAS NETGEAR) and behind a firewall, but I think everything is setup well because as I said the backup file is in that folder after completing the backup.

It is as if something would not let him finish the file.

Thanks for your help.

Same error here.
<message severity="error" code="msgtext">Can't upload file '/var/lib/psa/dumps/Forced_info_1205301338.xml.tar' to ftp</message>
</object>
</object>
<message severity="error" code="msgtext">The dump 'Forced_info_1205301338.xml' have been leaved at repository '/var/lib/psa/dumps'. Please export it manually</message>
</object>
<message severity="error" code="msgtext">Runtime error: Export dump to FTP failed at /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/plesk_agent_manager line 694.
</message>
</object>
</execution-result>

Using Plesk 9.5.4.

Please, help!

Last edited:
As you can see above, it says "Can't upload file '/var/lib/psa/dumps/Forced_info_1205301338.xml.tar' to ftp".

However, there is no such file as /var/lib/psa/dumps/Forced_info_1205301338.xml.tar. Has it been deleted by Plesk?

When I log into Plesk and check Backup Manager, I see there is one backup done, size iz 2.4 GB.

Back