• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved allow-query on slave dns zone

Jayson

Basic Pleskian
Hello,

I have the Plesk Slave DNS Manager extension configured with a bind 9 slave server installed on Centos 6. It seems to work and allows queries from the localhost. Anyone know where I would put the allow-query option for each zone on a slave server? If I set allow-query to any in named.conf, anyone can resolve any domain from my server. If the slave takes over I would like anyone to resolve locally hosted domains only.

Thank you,

Hello,

I have the Plesk Slave DNS Manager extension configured with a bind 9 slave server installed on Centos 6. It seems to work and allows queries from the localhost. Anyone know where I would put the allow-query option for each zone on a slave server? If I set allow-query to any in named.conf, anyone can resolve any domain from my server. If the slave takes over I would like anyone to resolve locally hosted domains only.

Thank you,

you have to turn off recursive queries to stop queries for domains which are not hosted on your DNS servers.

options {
recursion no;
};

check out - http://docstore.mik.ua/orelly/networking_2ndEd/dns/ch11_02.htm

HTH

Back