• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Almalinux Kernel Update

Ahmet CAVUSOGLU

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Almalinux 8.8
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk 18.0.59
Hi,
Our current server uses Plesk Obsidian. When looking at the kernel version from the SSH command, Almalinux is 8.8 and can be updated to new kernel versions (Present: 8.9 - Future: 8.10). I think version 8.10 will also cover the recently released SSH vulnerability.

I want to ask you:
-Did you encounter any errors when the kernel was updated in Plesk 18.0.59 or 18.0.60?

I look forward to your experiences and comments.

Thx

Hi, thank you for the feedback. My mistake, actually I may have expressed it wrong. Actually, what I want to ask is, did you encounter any errors after updating the Almalinux kernel?

For example: There is currently a dedicated server running Almalinux 8.8 operating system and Plesk 18.0.59. We want to upgrade this server to Almalinux 8.9 or higher. We are worried about encountering any errors during the upgrade. Therefore, we need the experience of people who have upgraded before :)

I see. I have a couple of servers running with AlmaLinux 8.9 for a few months now and haven't any problems.

Back