• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

app pool IWPD problem

olgaç

New Pleskian
Hi ,
When the new site creation , Plesk automaticly sets app pool process name identity like IWPD_38.
Problem is ; When it is IWPD_38 http site goes to HTTP Error 503. The service is unavailable.

When we make it process name identity to local system , it works.
What must we do ?

Hello,

do you see anything in Event Log when this happens? 503 Service Unavailable error usually means that pool is stopped. Pool can be stopped for several reasons. One of such reasons is misconfiguration of IWPD* user password in IIS and in system. Or maybe some security related issues.

It will be good to have more data for analysis.
Is this reproduced for some specific domain? or for all?

Thank you.

Hi ,
Thank you for your reply.
Event Logs say just that : Application pool '*******(domain)(4.0)(pool)' is being automatically disabled due to a series of failures in the process(es) serving that application pool.

I found out a thing about that problem :
When I change the " Enable 32 - Bit Applications " to false everything is allright. But My applications must run on 32 bit.

Pool stop reason as you said are all right but it is not password or security reasons I am sure.

It is for all sites that have the same problem IWPD app pool name :(

Please help me.

Back