• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Backup error emails after update from 17.0 to 17.5

bulent

Regular Pleskian
Hi, several days ago I updated my VPS to 17.5.
Now I receive these errors in my mail

Domain: example.com
Plesk entry point: https://server1.com:8443/

The following error occurred during the scheduled backup process:

Unable to resume an upload of the file to the storage: the content of the retrieved file does not match the content that was previously sent
Check that you can resume uploads to the storage. You can check it independently with the commands:
echo 123 | curl -T - --ftp-create-dirs -v --ftp-pasv --ssl -k -u username ftp://ftp.backupserver.net//backup/backupdir/test-dir/test-file.txt
echo 456 | curl -T - -a --ftp-create-dirs -v --ftp-pasv --ssl -k -u username ftp://ftp.backupserver.net//backup/backupserver/test-dir/test-file.txt
curl -v --ftp-pasv --ssl -k -u backupuser ftp://ftp.backupserver.net//backup/mydomain/test-dir/test-file.txt

But it seems like backup is completed correctly and is uploaded on the ftp server.

This is a note only but the ability to resume interrupted uploads is an important part of the backup process. If resuming uploads works incorrectly, created backups may be corrupted. You need to permit uploads resuming for the FTP storage that you use.

Hi @DenisG
I just found your answer.
The problem is, that error started to appear just after the update to 17.5 from 12.5
Nothing has been changed from FTP side. Also I have checked several backups and they seems ok.

Hello,

I have exactly the same issue : I have 5 VPS, all of them never had any problem with FTP backups.

I updated them to 17.5 and now everyone is sending this email after each backup. Some of them dont't even succeed in finishing the transfer (whereas others send the email but seem to complete the transfer anyway)...

Didi you find any solution ?

Thank you for your answer.

Hello,

The problem is still occuring on every VPS for every FTP backup since I updated to 17.5... Did anyone find a solution ?

Thank you for your answer.

Hi we are seeing the same error email being sent each day, but the backup has correctly uploaded to FTP storage, and when viewing the Backup Manager, there is no error logged for the backups.

We're using Plesk Onyx Version 17.5.3 Update #25

Back