• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Backup error: 'undef' password passed to makePasswordNode

ManuelF

New Pleskian
On every backup I get the following warnings:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<execution-result status="warnings">
<object name="admin" type="account">
<message severity="error" code="msgtext">'undef' password passed to makePasswordNode. Set to empty</message>
</object>
<message severity="error" code="msgtext">'undef' password passed to makePasswordNode. Set to empty</message>
</object>
</object>
</object>
</execution-result>

I tried to locate the user admin which is mentioned, i found the following in my database:
SELECT id, login, password, isBuiltIn, roleId, isLocked, ownerId, externalId, isDomainAdmin, authCookie, sessionId FROM smb_users WHERE password = '';

+----+-------+----------+-----------+--------+----------+---------+------------+---------------+------------+-----------+
| id | login | password | isBuiltIn | roleId | isLocked | ownerId | externalId | isDomainAdmin | authCookie | sessionId |
+----+-------+----------+-----------+--------+----------+---------+------------+---------------+------------+-----------+
| 1 | admin | | 1 | 1 | 1 | 1 | NULL | NULL | NULL | NULL |

I don't know if password should be set here... I changed the admin password but that does not have any effect to the database. I also tried to set passwort to a random value, same error.

Does anybody know a solution or can help me find one?

Looks like there is database inconsistency. Try to find in psadump.log errors like
TRACE SQL: SELECT smb_users.*, smb_roles.name AS SmbRoleName FROM smb_users INNER JOIN smb_roles ON smb_users.roleId = smb_roles.id WHERE smb_users.login = '[email protected]'
ERROR 'undef' password passed to makePasswordNode. Set to empty

and check that password is empty with something like:

SELECT smb_users.*, smb_roles.name AS SmbRoleName FROM smb_users INNER JOIN smb_roles ON smb_users.roleId = smb_roles.id WHERE smb_users.login = '[email protected]'\G
*************************** 1. row ***************************
id: 100
login: [email protected]
password: NULL <========= FAIL
contactName: [email protected]
email: [email protected]

Then update smb_users table with password 'very$ecure' where password is NULL, for example.
Contact support team if you can't fix it by yourself.

ive got the same problem after upgrading to v 10.

<execution-result status="error">
<object name="user1" type="account">
</object>
</object>
</object>
</object>
</object>
<object name="user2" type="account">
</object>
<object name="backup" type="backupowner">
<message severity="error" code="msgtext">The dump have been invalidated by check-dump operation</message>
</object>
<object name="backup" type="backupowner">
<message severity="error" code="msgtext">Runtime error: The check dump failed with code '1'. The dump can contain invalid data! at /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/plesk_agent_manager line 667.
</message>
</object>
</execution-result>

error used to come up twice for user2. setting a new password for user2 brought it down to one itme.
both users have a password set in smb_users

I just upgraded from Plesk 10.2 to 10.4.4 yesterday and I'm now getting this same issue. I got a bunch of emails going back all the way to Feb-1-2012 like this one:

Backup task finished.

Task was created by with guid (e435f900-5205-4801-a840-a520d1fccefd)

Creation date is: 2012-Mar-03 01:04:02
Task status is: error

Dump full name is: CentOS__1203030104.tar

With an attachment of the file "migration.result" which has the following in it:

<execution-result status="error" log-location="/usr/local/psa/PMM/sessions/2012-03-04-010402.337/migration.result">
<object name="username" type="client">
<message id="4e59147b-647e-4975-82ab-2f09e7c30ffa" severity="error" code="msgtext">
<description>'undef' password passed to makePasswordNode. Set to empty</description>
</message>
<message id="2a1de2ef-10da-469d-89dc-1cb4d55960ba" severity="error" code="msgtext">
<description>'undef' password passed to makePasswordNode. Set to empty</description>
</message>
<message id="e03034b0-9012-4d6c-8d26-9847a8d02ae6" severity="error" code="msgtext">
</message>
</object>
</execution-result>

When I check my FTP personal repository all the backup tar files are there and look like they are the right size at 5.2GB in size. What can be the problem?

Thank you,

Mike

Back