• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Backup Manager - ftp/ftps problem connecting to external server

AREK

New Pleskian
I'm trying to setup backups via Backup Manager to external server by ftp/ftps and connection doesn't work.
It says: Transport error: unable to list directory: Curl error: Login denied. Server response code: 530
This is on cloud server with 1and1 platform.
I have also VPS with 1and1 and this works properly on same settings.

Could you please suggest where might be he problem?

This is most likely caused by wrong username/password combination for the host you are addressing.

Please check whether you are using the correct access credentials: hostname, username, password

1) Login to the Linux console on your system.
2) Connect manually to the FTPS repository, e.g.
# ftp username@hostname
with username = your ftp user name, hostname = your ftp host

Then also refer to this:
https://support.plesk.com/hc/en-us/...-Curl-error-Access-denied-to-remote-resource-

This is most likely caused by wrong username/password combination for the host you are addressing.

Please check whether you are using the correct access credentials: hostname, username, password

# ftp username@hostname

Then also refer to this:
https://support.plesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/213380369--Persönliches-FTP-Repository-Curl-error-Access-denied-to-remote-resource-

HI Peter Debik

Thank you for your replay.

I'm have old VPS server with 1and1 and have same PLASK control panel as on new Cloud server with 1and1>
I'm using exactly the same credentials ( host name, username, password ) on both servers.

Access to trough hostname =IP : port ( port is open and checked on canyouseeme.org )

Cloud server response with error "Transport error: unable to list directory: Curl error: Login denied. Server response code: 530"
or
"Transport error: unable to list directory: Curl error: Timeout was reached"

It takes long while before error message appear.
I would really appreciate if you could help solve it.

I would really appreciate if you could help solve it.

Best regards
Arek

# ftp username@hostname

Can you login (yes / no)?

And the issue is with backing up to from/to the cloud server. So if you cannot login regularly from your system to the cloud, Plesk cannot login either. You will need to contact 1and1 support on this why you cannot login to the cloud server.

Problem is with backing up from Cloud Server by ftp/ftps to external server

I can login to Cloud Plask control panel.
But I can't setup ftp/ftps connection in Backup Manager to backup server data to my external server

1and1 support team can't help since 3 days

Back