• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Backup Restoration

K

Kishorghadge

I am taking plesk backup on weekly basis. How can i check that by backup is working. Means how to restore backup of one plesk server on other plesk server to check its perfect. Or only we are able to restore backup on same plesk server.

AFAIK (didn't try it), you can restore backup file on any machine with same Plesk type.

I have 7.5.6 window plesk install on windows 2003. Is it posible the backup on windows 2000 if i install plesk 7.5.6 on it.

The Plesk 7.5 for Windows requires Microsoft Windows 2003 Server installed on your computer

I have installed windows 2003 on my local machine. I installed Plesk setup on it. And i restored the backup of plesk on it but recived folowing error.

Fatal error: Unable to open key (SOFTWARE\Plesk\PSA Config\PSA Key): (5)
Access is denied. in C:\Program
Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\plib\common_func.php3 on line 2398

At the time of resotration i have selected optinon restore resgistration key from backup and restart the control panel. I have installed only demo version to when i try to restore the backup by keeping key as it is. Its says that its not allowed to restore backup. How to resolve this issue.

Give Full controll permissions to psaadm user to HKLM\SOFTWARE\Plesk\PSA Config\PSA Key key

I am restoring my backup on local machine and its on network if i give the full permission as per above mention and if my restore works. Is it effect my live server which have static global IP configured on it and using same key which i restored on my local machine. For that can i disconnect my machine from network. Or it will not effect my live server even i restored backup on local machine.

Is there any way to get other key for testing/trial purpose to restore backup?

While restoring Plesk you can map IP addresses to another IPs set, so you can use even private IPs range to test how backup works

John S .G.

Back