• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Backup to Personel FTP repository not working 11.5.30

cciecka

New Pleskian
CentOS 6.2
11.5.30 Update #33
This worked fine until the recent update to 11.5.30.

I don't get any errors, the backup is created and stays in the server repository.
I see the contents of the FTP repository (it has the old backups) so the creds and service seem to be working.

Not all that helpful but thank you anyhow. I was able to find this:
http://forum.parallels.com/showthread.php?287891-Backup-works-only-local-no-ftp-%2811-0-9-amp-11-5-29%29

Which allowed me to verify via command line that FTP portion is working:

DUMP_STORAGE_PASSWD=XXXXX /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/pmm-ras --check-repository --dump-storage ftp://[email protected]/ --debug --verbose.

I know the backup works because it shows in the local repository when the job runs. It seems to me it is just not taking the next step and sending it... There are several threads that relate but all or for previous versions and have claims that the problem has been fixed back in updates 4 through 11.

I don't know where to go next. Not a plesk expert by any means but it seems I will have to move further down that path... It looks like support occationally responds to these forums, maybe we will get lucky and get them to chime in.

Try downloading a file from the server repository... I get this:
error.gif
I am starting to think that the packaging of the backup into a single file is our issue...

Looks like the issue was that the backup was being made in /usr/local/psa/PMM/tmp which did not have enough space to handle it. I changed /usr/local/psa/PMM/tmp to be a symbolic link to /var/tmp which had ample space and it looks like it is now working. I can see 2gb of an 8gb upload in progress. Will update this ticket if the automated upload succeeds tonight.

Back