• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Backup VPS to NAS

othmaqsa

Regular Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 20.04
Plesk version and microupdate number
Version 18.0.44
Hello,

I want to backup my VPS to NAS Synology. I have tried to configure the FTPS settings in Plesk, but this error occur:

Error: Unable to access the storage: Transport error: unable to list directory: Curl error: (28) Timeout was reached: Last FTP request: Last FTP response:
Make sure you have entered the correct storage settings.

Any idea to solve it?

Thank you in advance.

Where is your NAS? If it's in your home network behind NAT, you might have to add some port forwards.

Hello Mow,

Yes, exactly, my NAS is in my home.

Could you tell me more about port forwarding please? Which ports need to be opened?

Thank you!

Where is your NAS? If it's in your home network behind NAT, you might have to add some port forwards.
Finally, I solved the problem and I was able to connect the FTPS and the SFTP in addition haha.

There are ports that weren't open and that caused the problem, as you mentioned.

Thank you for your help.

Finally, I solved the problem and I was able to connect the FTPS and the SFTP in addition haha.

There are ports that weren't open and that caused the problem, as you mentioned.

Thank you for your help.
Do you mind share what exactly as I have the same problem. Only plain ftp works.

Do you mind share what exactly as I have the same problem. Only plain ftp works.
Sure.
have you opened the ports in the router ? You must nedd to open the FTP port and set the PASV port range
have you any firewall configured in your NAS ? If yes, you need to open the FTP port in your NAS and set the IP of your vps in the rule.

Thank you for your reply.
For nas I am doing the following:
File services - ftp - disable ftp service, enable ftp ssl/tls, port number of ftp service =21, port range of passive ftp 55536-55899, nothing else in ftp tab
Then in security - firewall - I create a rule with the ip of plesk and custom port , source port, port range 55536-55899, protocol tcp. In my router I create a rule in firewall, with the ip of NAS and wan port range 55536-55899 and lan port range 21-21
From plesk I choose use ftp(s) storage, add ip, backup directory, username, pass, I unclick use passive mode and click use ftps.
But no success.

Can you share screenshots of all settings you have made ?

I'll compare with my settings and will back to you.

Back