• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Best Way to Upgrade to 8.3?

geeza@

Basic Pleskian
Hi,

I've got a Plesk 7.5.4 server with around 200 clients on it running on FreeBSD 5.3. In the near future I want to move these clients onto a new box with FreeBSD 6.x and Plesk 8.3. The 2 ways I have currently thought of are:

1) use the backup convert utility that comes with 8.3 to convert my 7.5.4 backup and then restore it on a new 8.3 box with the same ips.

2) use the migration manager and manual migrate the clients accross

Any feedback as to the best way to do this and any experiences of doing this?

Cheers

Tom

migration. even !!MIGRATION!!
note that if you have any frontpage stuff, it will be discarded. i mean all modules/settings, not the actual data. no more FP in Plesk since 8.1
also note that if the source server lacks any features (like application vault or some DB engine support) all corresponding data will be ignored in migration (as well as in backup restoration actually). so you will need to ensure that licenses include the same features and same modules are installed.

Thanks for the heads up on Frontpage DaDomainMasta. Does anyone have experience with scenario 1) or just upgrading from 7.5.4 to 8.3 on FreeBSD?

Back