• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Bug - incorrect notifications being sent to all customers

deltatech

Regular Pleskian
How can I completely disable ALL notifications from plesk??? We NEVER want plesk to notify customers of overages.

Not only do we want to disable all notifications but I want someone at parallels to know about the bug.. It notifies people that they are over or approaching limits when they aren't anywhere near it.. Here is a sample of one of the notifications emails sent. Names and emails changed of course...

Code:
Sent: Wednesday, October 09, 2013 3:38 AM
To: My Customer Name
Subject: <host.mydomain.com> Notification: Resource usage by subscription has exceeded the allotments.

The 'domain.com' subscription, owned by user 'Customer Name', is approaching or already exceeded the resource usage limits:

Traffic:	25 GB/month limit / 384.3 MB/month (2%) used / 24.6 GB/month (98%) remaining

As you can see, the subject clearly says they have exceeded, yet the body of the message shows they are no where near it!

What is your OS, Plesk and microupdate versions exactly? We can't reproduce it on test environment.

What is your OS, Plesk and microupdate versions exactly? We can't reproduce it on test environment.

This has happened on multiple versions of plesk. I just migrated to 11.5.30 Update #18 and it happened.. It also happened before on my old 10.x version but I had all notices turned off so it wasn't a problem.. It actually isn't a problem now either because all notices are turned off. But we had over 100 people receiving these yesterday All subjects saying they were about to or have already exceeded yet the body of the messages showed the correct numbers showing they were barely using their accounts.

Also check option "Notify me by email in cases of overuse." in Service Plan properties.

Hi Igor,

What happened to this ? We have this issue happening to our resellers where no limits are reached and still notifications are sent out. I get sometimes 10 in one go all about the same reseller?? Any ideas?

Yes, looks like it is bug. Thank you for notification.
I have submitted corresponding request to developers (RT #1751015 for your reference). We will check and fix it.
BTW, It seems the same issue - http://forum.parallels.com/showthread.php?291915

Subject: <www2.ourserver.nl> Notification: Resource usage by subscription has exceeded the allotments.

The 'donmain.eu' subscription, owned by user 'Username', is approaching or already exceeded the resource usage limits:

Traffic: 2 GB/month limit / 5.5 MB/month (0%) used / 2042.5 MB/month (100%) remaining

I have setup a new plesk server, and seems to have the same uissue. Clients are asking what to do, they keep recieving daily messages as bove. As the subject says it has exceeded and they have 100% remaining :)

My server specs:

OS CentOS 6.5 (Final)
Plesk version 12.0.18 Update #24, last updated at Nov 14, 2014 03:18 AM

These are domains, clients thay have been migrated fron another plesk server. There are no new clients/ domains on this server. Not sure if its important.

I have disabled notifications for now.

Apparently this hasn't been fixed. My customers are receiving the same:

Code:
The x subscription, owned by user x is approaching or already exceeded the resource usage limits:
Traffic:       limit (0%) used (100%) remaining

The above example (0% / 100%) was sent to a new customer... I just activated his domains yesterday.

Question: how can I review all of the emails that have been generated by Plesk?

Plesk 12.0.18 Update #66, last updated at Sept 26, 2015 09:55 PM

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply, Igor.

I reviewed that table, and it contains the generic templates for notifications. For example:

Code:
|  1 | A new customer account has been created.
Customer's contact name: <client_contact_name>
Customer's login: <client_login>
To obtain your password, please proceed to https://<hostname>:8443/get_password.php?                     email=<client_email>&login_name=<client_login>
Panel entry point: https://<hostname>:8443         |

What I was hoping for was more akin to a "Sent Items" folder that would let me see the actual emails that the server has been sending my clients.

Yesterday, I reviewed all of my Service Plans and Notification settings within Plesk, and made sure that everything made sense. This morning, everyone received the errant notification again.

This is becoming a major PITA. I am receiving lots of responses from customers, all of them confused and some of them defensive.

For now I have redirected all usage notifications to myself, and given how long this issue has gone unaddressed, that how I expect it will remain. :(

Back