• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue BUG: Special Chars in Username + Database creation = Failure

futureweb

Regular Pleskian
Hey there,
I found a little Bug regarding DB creation. Tested on PPS12.5.30#47.
Database Hosting Preferences: Add prefix and underscore to the beginning of database names - Username - Add username and underscore to the beginning of database user names.

Create a new Subsc./Hosting with Username [email protected] (@ = special Char allowed in Username)

Now when you try to create a new DB it will fail with Error that DB Name contains not allowed Chars ...

Solution: get rid of special Chars in DB Name when adding Username! ;-)

bye from sunny Tirol, Austria
Andreas Schnederle-Wagner

Hey Igor,
that's what I mean! ;-)
Andreas

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1.jpg
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2.jpg

3.jpg

Last edited:
So basically it's the Plesk Username (Login) which is used in DB creation. Guess the German Screenshots are OK? Otherwise I can change Lang to EN if needed! ;-)

alright - will file a Bug Report on this.

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

Last edited:
Back