• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Cannot publish a website

A

algebres

Hallo there

Can someone please help me to set up this !

Im new in Sitebuilder

i have Sitebuilder 4.1 on Windows 2008

everytime i Want to publish my website i have this following Error

Configuration error: Define the order in which the default documents (default.htm, default.aspx, etc.) will be used to respond the browser request..

thanks

hi algebres,

try in plesk: > Domains > yourdomain.xxx > webfolder
There you should activate "default documents" and put "Default.aspx" on Top of the list. Usually it´s the last entry

Same problem here -- but I don't have Plesk

I have the same problem when checking the publishing settings -- but I don't have Plesk.

I will try to publish anyways, and I will hope it works other than just static pages.

I checked in the IIS site on the destination server web site and there is only Default.aspx listed as a document. I tried adding some others (in the right order) into IIS and that did not help.

got it to work

I got sitebuilder to work (without Plesk) though by:

* using xcopy on a drive share on the same server that sitebuilder is on, as IIS / web site is on.

* don't click on "verify publishing location" (or whatever it says - to that effect) until after you have published the site.

* for security reasons, I am setting up a separate drive share for each customer.

* when I tried FTP to another IIS site on another server, I was only able to get a status of Static, not Dynamic. But I didn't try xcopy to a share on the other server, and I didn't publish before I verified the location. I will try these things out over time. In the meantime it works using xcopy and verify after publishing to a drive share on a site located on the same server as sitebuilder.

* it's an amazing system. But there seems to be a few issues to iron out regarding publishing, (at least in an environment with no Plesk.)

* I would like to install Plesk on the windows 2003 server that sitebuilder is installed on, but 1. I believe plesk requires a clean install, and 2. I am guessing sitebuilder should be installed after Plesk is installed?

Hello! Your in luck if you want Sitebuilder along with Plesk. If you dl the newest Plesk it'll automatically install Sitebuilder for you, version 4.11 I beleive if you get a fresh dl install of it.

Does it have to be an install of Plesk on a clean operating system Neuro, or will Plesk for Windows now install on a server that already has some IIS sites running on it as well as SQL 2005 Express running on it?

Hi,

You can install Plesk on the server even if some applications are installed on the server.
During Plesk instalaltion you will be asked if you want to move sites from IIS to Plesk or not.

Back