• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Cannot remove domains/clients

R

Redah

I have PLESK 7.6 for Windows installed on a fresh box.

PLESK is set-up to use Microsoft SQL Server 2005 as its database. Creating clients, domains, and users all works.

But when I want to remove a Client, or a domain, PLESK gives me the following error:

Error: Unable to remove clients: Unable to remove client: Problems occured while removing domains: Unable to remove hosting: Unable to delete system user: SysUser->systemRemove() failed: usermng failed: Unable to open process token: (5) Access Denied..

I have no clue what to do about this, and any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Do you have Symantec 10 installed?
I had such problem because of it.
I had to stop all it's services to delete domain.

Yip, I already found that out (forgot about this thread)...

It's Symantec's fault. However, you don't have to stop all services. You can keep it running, the only thing you have to do is disable "Tamper Protection". This basically stops 'unknown' applications from performing tasks on Windows processes. Which is exactly what PLESK does :)

So you can keep Symantec running, just disable "Tamper Protection".

I got same problem, can you show me where I can disable "Tamper Protection" from norton ?

I have ask Plesk support and they say the problem is on some log files.

I have no idea. Norton AntiVirus and Symantec AntiVirus are two very different programs (and frankly, I don't think Norton AntiVirus has any right to be installed on a server).

However, if you are indeed running Symantec AntiVirus (and not Norton AntiVirus), simply click "Tamper Protection" in the "Configure" menu. It will bring up the Tamper Protection page. Simply untick "Enable Tamper Protection" et voila, you're done!

Back