• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Cant move server backups to ftp repository

Cheetah

New Pleskian
Hi,

My backup ftp server was down, how do I move all backups from server repository to personal ftp repository?

-j

I've been calling for this for years. Currently it can't be done.
Thanks, Dave. This is pretty bad flaw in Plesk, since the backups are taking up diskspace - and I'm not willing to destroy them. Plesk's backup logic and interface would need a serious refactoring.

Last edited:
Hi Cheetah,

if the backup was successfully created and could not being transfered to the ftp-repo for any reason, you should find such erros in the logs at: /var/log/plesk/PMM/backup-2014-XX-XX-XX-XX-XX-XXX

For example said:
The dump have been made successfully but can not be imported to FTP due to errors.
... and ...
The dump 'NAME_OF_YOUR_BACKUP_XXXXXXXXXX.xml' have been leaved at repository '/usr/local/psa/PMM/tmp/backupXXXXXX'. Please export it manually

Did you try the suggestions at:

to upload the backup to your FTP-repo ?

If the backup is not anymore at this location, for whatever reason, you should find your server backups at: /var/lib/psa/dumps and you could identify your desired backups there, which you want to transfer to your FTP-repo manually. If you only would like to transfer one or more reseller - backups, the path are as followed:

/var/lib/psa/dumps/resellers/RESELLER_NAME
... /clients/CLIENT_NAME
.../domains/DOMAIN_NAME/

I wouldn't recommend to set a password for the manual created tarballs, which you may create for specific manual created backups, because I'm not sure, if Plesk uses encryption in his previous used passwords for the dumps and maybe stores them in the database - but as well without passwords, it is possible to restore the manual created tarballs ( re-transfer from the FTP-repo to the server-repo over the Plesk Panel works without issues with or without passwords ).

Back